Wednesday, October 22, 2008

31 years gone!

I realize I am a couple of days late with this.... but I just wanted to take a moment to remember RONNIE VAN ZANT, the leader of Lynyrd Skynyrd who perished in the plane crash on October 20, 1977.... 31 years ago this past Monday.


2 years ago, I was in Jacksonville on business.... I made a little Lynyrd Skynyrd tour where I went and saw some of their old hangouts and visited the graves of those who had passed. The whole time, I was listening to their music, and it gave me a much greater appreciation for them and what they did. Ronnie was really an incredible person. He may not have been terribly "book smart", but he was very street saavy and knew what he was doing. As time goes by, it becomes more & more apparent....Skynyrd probably was THE AMERICAN ROLLING STONES.


What could have been.....

No comments: